Tuesday, June 2, 2009
CAUTION: Offensive content. Some parts of this post contain material that is extremely proud, even boasting. Please do not read further if offended by such entries.
The rewards of this spring seem almost too many to name! All that winter work was worth it and burst forth, like Mom's new and improved flower garden with beautiful BLOOMS! A quick list of REWARDING TIMES FOR US THIS SPRING!!!
- Mormon Helping Hands Project in Sunbury, PA - WHAT AN AWESOME, WINNING EXPERIENCE!
- Stake Conference! It is such a wonderful thing to be part of here!
- Isaac, Emily and Anna each earning the track team's Leadership award, along with Anna earning the "Most valuable player" for bringing in the most points for her team. She realized she always placed, only once in third, all other times in 1st or 2nd - made a lot of hard work worth it!
-Isaac was awarded, "Outstanding Offensive Lineman", and "Rising Star" "Andy" (ie.Tony) award for the Curtin Musical for progressing from a quiet, one-line actor in 7th to "a major leading role amazing audiences with his fabulous voice". Isaac also received the "excellence in painting award" from the WHSD Red Cross Club.
-Emily and Anna were awarded 1st place in the 7th grade science project and Isaac's project placed 3rd in 8th grade. Anna was shocked to get the "technology" award for her class (she and Em had been terrified about this subject, but both excelled!) And Emily and Anna were honored with the "Lamp of Learning" award - meaning they were 4th and 7th of the top ten 7th graders in their studies. We feel so lucky to have such great learners! (And their friends!) Emily won the art award (along with $15 bucks!)
- Orhcestra and Band competition at Hershey!!! I, as Mother, was SOOOOOOOOO PROUD and THRILLED to witness the Williamsport District Youth Symphony take first in their division and first overall!!!!! In fact their symphony earned 192 out of 200 points!!! Unheard of and such a JOY to HEAR!!! I am just so THRILLED with Mr. Radspinner and all the amazing student musicians and supportive parents around here. CONGRATULATIONS WYSE!!!! The band was a thrill to hear as well - what a GREAT experience! The band took first in their division and I LOVED listening to them. Emily and Anna play violin and Isaac plays sax and baritone.
- Mikela's awards were no less impressive! She did a BEAUTIFUL job with her proud 5th grade chorus and orchestra concert. Mom LOVED accompanying and the beautiful flowers her teacher rewarded Mom with too. But the proudest award of all was the achievement of her girl scout troop as each of the girls received the BRONZE AWARD!!!! It took two years of musical cultivation and service in the community, and 2 AMAZING girl scout leaders to earn this great achievement. Mikela did an extraordinary job (if I do say so myself ;) ) at her harp that evening. We feel so lucky that she could be part of such a great thing! (It's let her play her harp for many people as well.)
-Kate and Esther!!! I'll post the cute pic later but we just wanted to commend Katey and Esther on their very 1st gymnastics show. It was so FUN for us to watch them!! Good job Kate and Esther! Kate also came home today with news that she had won 1st in her class spelling bee then went on to win second in her grade!!! What an accomplishment!
Who would have thought that these hard-working, achieving kids would have come out of all that 4 under 4 chaos we experienced early in life ;) !!!! How we love these children - all 8! (We never did come out of chaos just so you know.)
P.S. In the midst of all these awards, Mikela shocked us all by arriving home on her BRAND NEW WIN - a BEAUTIFUL BIKE, HELMET and LOCK. She was thrilled!! So funny that she won it just after I had talked to her that morning about why she got so many great things out of life - cause she's such a GREAT GIRL (peacemaker, helpful, happy, kind!) Good for you, Mikela! May many more blessings come your way!
Posted by Hoffman Crew at 5:16 PM