Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pictures of Today are in the Heart

No pictures to show but a few treasured pics to tell.

Our Excursion broke down last night after stake/YM/YW/RS meetings; a little tricky maneuvering and we, along with all our stuff, returned home safely, albeit a little late. Lucky for us the Excursion already had an 8:00a.m. appointment for inspection scheduled for this morning. Sadly, it would take a couple days to get fixed. Thus I've been home ALL DAY!

With the gift of a little more time and a little less running than usual, with January's quiet, and night wrapping around the house early, PEACE and COZINESS filled our home and my being! I've taken some of the greatest pictures of all in my heart today! I'm posting a few here on Blogger for Hoffman history's sake:

-Homemade, fresh ground whole wheat bread (along with jam like Grandma's or extra virgin olive oil dipping sauce and spices like we enjoyed at our favorite restaurants in NH!)

-All the leather cushions and decorating pillows off the couch lying spread all around the floors with an American Girl doll carefully laid out on each (the work of the little people)

-Several sizes of little brown MaryJanes scattered just under the barstools (missed the cubbies again)

-Truly darling, animated, and enthusiastic twin girls searching out Mom after school to tell of their adventures

-A most amazing orchestra rehearsal (music stands and all) right in the kitchen while Mom makes dinner (I love the harmony and racing rhythyms!)

-Not only a live concert in the kitchen, but a live piano concerto loud in the formal room, along with sweet baby 'signing time' music coming from the family room, and a book being authored in the library by girls ages 11 & 8.

-after 1/2 hour of sighting no children under 5 in the home I wandered up the stairs to check in and ran into them coming down, surprising me, already in PJ's (ALL BY THEMSELVES!) and ready for a performance of their own - a fashion show hosted/DJed by 5 year old Esther who introduced her sister, Zoie, as "Sweetie". With rosie red lipgloss and a huge smile, her 3 year old PJ tummy wrapped with a stylin' belt for the show, she couldn't have shined brighter!

-Dad coming in the door JUST in time for dinner and to catch the end of the fashion show - they did it all over again for him, complete with the announcement to turn off all cell phones, pagers, and cameras (how does a 5 year old know to say this so officially?)

-tiny Clara leading the racing mob with flapping happy arms and hopping, happy legs, and the biggest, first hug of all for Daddy when he came home!

-My favorite live guitar rendition of "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz floating down the stairs as I check on little ones in the room next door (Isaac is REALLY GOOD at it!)

-and that same 15 year old typing away on his laptop and talking on his cell phone just behind me now, while the plunking and practicing on the piano ever continues in the background, a little more lulling now that it's past 8 pm and Kate returning to my side several times (up out of bed again;)) with her new ideas for finishing up her book.

-Clara going CRAZY with squeals of delight and flapping arms again when Mom and Dad pull down the tiny statue of Santa coming down the chimney (OK, only half of Christmas is taken down!) and it matched her all time FAVORITE book she's LOVED since Christmas came "Up on the Housetop" (I think I might not put the rest of Christmas away for another year just so she can just keep looking at that book and statue daily!)

The warmth in my heart makes the cold outside all the better, and I hope the photos last forever.

P.S. Five year old Esther just came down to tell me that Zoie is crying because Esther told her that Esther would die when she was 100. Zoie didn't want to be without her even a day. Me neither.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Awww, that is sweet. Love you guys!

Sorry we didn't even know that you had broken down! You could have called us, we'd come to save you!

Heather said...

What great pictures! I could see all of them! Love you guys!

Mom said...

What precious beautiful moments to cherish. I know most days it doesn't seem like it, but they will go by swiftly.
You are so good at writing them so descriptively. Thank you for taking the time to share those precious pictures with us as well.
And I'm crying now with Zoie, as I think of a time when they are all grown up--not even 100, but all grown up! I don't blame Zoie for crying.

I love all those guys, with all those talents and happy spirits too!
I'm grateful you can have moments to soak in all the love and joy they bring.

Love you too, Mom